POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : "povmap.gif" problem. : "povmap.gif" problem. Server Time
1 Sep 2024 20:18:14 EDT (-0400)
  "povmap.gif" problem.
From: CFM
Date: 3 May 2004 14:10:00
Message: <web.40968a1badc19618b90c55f80@news.povray.org>
I don't know where else to post this, so I'll post it here. I'm using the
tutorial to help me understand and learn POV-ray. In the
Beginning Tutorial, under Advanced Texture Options, in the When All Else
Fails: Material Maps section, I tried the "povmap.gif" statement given.
However, it comes back with an error message that says, "Error opening GIF
image." Is the file even stored in my hard drive? If so, where do I go to
get the program to read this file? I don't know what to do.